CNC Mill Machinist
We are currently accepting applications for a CNC Mill Machinist who will be performing the duties listed below.
We are currently accepting applications for CNC Machine Operators/machinists who will be responsible for the set up and operation of numberical controlled machines or machining centers with the following responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations.
- Verifies that fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work-piece on machine.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine magazines.
- Loads control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Conducts prove-outs and manual programming during setups as needed.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts; Performs machine maintenance as needed or required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Successful candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED. Post secondary education in machine tool technology a plus.
- At least 3 years experience as a CNC Machinist; CNC Mills
- Experience with medical device manufacturing is a plus
- Requires effective computer skills