Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture. We are currently looking for a Raw Material Coordinator for our Warsaw, Indiana facility. If you have the qualifications included below and would like to join a growing team in a fast-paced environment, then please apply in person or via email to email@example.com
Responsible for providing coverage in raw materials, production scheduling and inventory control. Ensures accurate inventory in database. The job hours will be 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the availability to work overtime daily or on Saturday.
* Utilizing forklift, unload new material deliveries.
* Count, measure, chamfer, clean, color code ends, and tag raw material before storing in appropriate location.
* Review certifications and perform quality checks as required.
* Receive against purchase orders in JobBoss software, and assign lot codes.
* Electronically and physically issue raw material to jobs
* Perform cycle counts
* Pull and issue material, or product, to work orders for manufacturing.
* Issue additional material, or product, to jobs, as needed, with attention to lot numbers and the effect on subsequent jobs.
* Clean, measure, and document returned material from manufacturing. Track returns in JobBoss.
* Maintain accurate inventory counts.
* Print and assemble router packets.
* Understand and be able to perform the scheduling function of the Lathes and any other assigned area
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Perform any other job related function
* Able to prioritize tasks and multi task
* Work well under pressure while maintaining professionalism
* Good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal customers
* Ability to read blueprints
* Able to lift up to50 lbs repetitively
* Proficient, to expert, in Microsoft Office (excel in particular)
* Strong knowledge of ERP systems
* Knowledge of Pull systems
* Able to work with little direct supervision
* Able to stand/walk for long periods of time
* Fork Truck experience
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge of JobBoss, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook