Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture. We are currently looking for a 2nd Shift Mill Machinist for our Warsaw, Indiana facility. If you have the qualifications included below and would like to join a growing team in a fast-paced environment, then please apply in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package: quarterly hourly bonus
Summary: Perform all set-up and operational functions of 3/4 axis CNC milling centers to produce parts in accordance with blueprint specifications and work instructions.
* Operate and maintain CNC milling machines, finish machines, hand tools, fixtures and jigs.
* Read and interpret blue prints, inspection check-sheets, and instructions.
* Uses inspection gauges such as calipers, micrometers, and height gauges to perform quality checks on parts as outlined by AQL and work instructions.
* Make machine adjustments, tool changes, etc. as required.
* Maintains and ensures accurate counts on completed parts and scrapped parts; completes production paperwork and makes required entries into company database.
* Ability to read and use calipers, micrometers, height gauge, depth micrometers
* Read and interpret blueprints and work operations sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
* Understanding of CNC milling machines and controls
* Physical ability to lift 40 lbs.
* Self-starter and ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Strong understanding of computers