Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture. We are currently looking for a Quality Technician for our Warsaw, Indiana facility. If you have the qualifications included below and would like to join a growing team in a fast-paced environment, then please apply in person or via email to email@example.com We offer a very competitive benefit package: quarterly bonus program, medical, dental, vision, vacation, holidays, make-up time, and great 401k match.
Summary: Responsible for supporting the Site Quality Manager and Quality Engineers to meet customer requirements for both documentation submissions and part quality requirements.
* Manage and maintain the gauge calibration system, including outsourcing of calibration activity and performing calibrations when required.
* Support customer complaint investigations where necessary, including customer communications.
* Perform first article inspections and subsequent reports as required.
* Perform Measurement System Analysis studies as required.
* Data entry, execution and review of product or process capability studies.
* Assist Quality Engineers with sustaining product revisions or new product releases with control plan, inspection sheet, or other document updates as required.
* Accurately fill out Shop Traveler, inspection sheets and any other related documentation.
* Utilize measurement equipment such as micro vu, comparators, micrometers, calipers, tool maker scopes for completion of inspections.
* Program and manage Datamyte Quality Reporting Software for inspections.
* Basic math skills are needed to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
* Ability to understand complex written, oral and diagrammatical instructions to perform usual responsibilities in a timely manner.
* Ability to problem solve when instructions are incomplete.
* Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook along with Minitab and gauge tracking software.
* Good Interpersonal Skills.
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work with little direct supervision
* Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Experience: Previous related Quality work experience in the medical industry.